I told you yesterday that Rob Chambers (on the left here at Skogafos), who visited us at HSD back in October, has just returned from a fieldtrip to Iceland with Rayburn Tours. He sent me an email today... well, actually, he sent you an email!Hi there! It doesn't seem long since I was invited by Mrs Vannet to come and meet you all during a lunchtime back in October to show you some of our photographs from our last Iceland trip back in July 2007, but I have just arrived back from our 2008 Iceland tour - and what an amazing trip it was! You really are in for a treat;, it is a wonderful country full of geographical awe and wonder - with a continuous "WoW" factor around every corner! You are also very lucky to have Ian (Hardie) as your field study tutor who is fabulous and brings to life the whole Iceland experience - to quote one of my students, speaking to Ian at the end of the trip.... "Thanks Ian; you taught us lots but you also made us think”.
Iceland has been experiencing some amazing weather recently. We had a few showers but also some blistering sunshine - so don't forget your suncream as well as your waterproofs for visiting all the waterfalls - the thunderous power of Gulfoss, Skogafoss and Seljandfoss covers you in spray! You have so much to look forward to, from glistening glaciers to crashing coastal waves, rushing rivers, live volcanoes and gushing geysirs, as well as the relaxing waters of the Blue Lagoon! Iceland is quite simply a living geographical textbook - and although you are only there for a relatively short time and will only get to experience a little of what Iceland actually has to offer, you will be quite simply stunned by the beauty of the landscapes you see and will undoubtedly be wanting to go back yourselves (like many of our students), to explore more of this amazing country. I hope you all have a fantastic time and enjoy yourselves as much as our students did! I look forward to hearing all about your travels from Mrs Vannet. (Rob Chambers, St Ivo School, Cambridgeshire)
Rob has also sent me some wonderful pics including the ones above. Thanks, Rob.
I'll let you see some more of Rob's pics tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment