Sunday, July 23, 2006

Two weeks to go!

Two weeks from now (10.15pm as I type this), on our first evening in Iceland, we'll be getting used to the idea that it's still pretty light as we prepare to head off to bed and it will be well light long before we want to get up in the morning!

Now that I'm back in Dundee and with just two weeks to go until we leave for Iceland, I will try to up-date the blog almost daily...

This evening I'll share with you something I read in the travel supplement ( you can tell it's the holidays as I rarely get past the news section in term time) of last Sunday's 'Sunday 'Times'.


It was the map which caught caught my eye - and the headline 'Head for the Westman islands for a party you'll never remember'.
It seems that on the first weekend of August Heimaey plays host to a music festival which would rival T in the Park. However, before you all get excited, it will be over by the time we get there and having read the description in the 'Sunday Times', I am somewhat relieved about that!

If you want to read about what you are missing, the article is still available on-line at present. Click on the map and you will link to it.