
OK... so they didn't win gold against France in the men's handball final in Beijing but this time Iceland are playing the team who managed to lose against Macedonia on Saturday! I am, of course, referring to World Cup qualifying matches and while I would normally be as keen to watch paint drying as watch a football match, I might just take a little more notice of the one happening tomorrow evening in Reykjavik!
And here, from above, courtesy of Google Earth....."Iceland has had a very satisfactory start to their campaign, drawing 2-2 with Norway in Oslo and must be in confident mood about securing at least another draw against the Scots. They played with purpose and zest and although there were some obvious weaknesses in defence, they showed that they will be no pushovers on Wednesday night."

This is the logo of the Football Association of Iceland - the Knattspyrnusamband Islands and below the Laugardalsvollur stadium in Reykjavik where the match will take place tomorrow. 


No comments:
Post a Comment