Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A message from Ian

I opened my email this morning to find this lovely message from Ian to you all.....

Godan daggin to the HSofD '08 Geography Group,
I hope you all arrived safely home on Sunday evening. It was a great pleasure to be with you all for the 6 days of your tour. I am delighted to be able to report that I think you all "got" Iceland, its wonders, its sights, its emotions. Having been to Iceland once, I hope you will one day return - there is SO much more to explore. Iceland is a very special place and I hope you enjoyed the vast range of destinations and experiences to which you were introduced; I hope you have some grand photographs(perhaps competition winners?). I hope too that your mind was opened as well as your eyes; Iceland has many issues to consider.

I am very sorry to report that the weather continues to be absolutely great (and a blueberry picking expedition is planned for later today!). I am looking forward to hopefully seeing you all again in late September when you have your Reunion Evening; be prepared for emotional tears (that's TEARS ... not tears!). Until then, enjoy the remainder of your summer holidays; there's ages to go yet before the commencement of the new school session. I hope you said thank you to your teachers for organising your tour and also to all those people at home who supported you to enable you to have been part of such a wonderful Iceland '08 Geography Study Tour.

Skal, Ian


Many thanks for the nice messages I have been receiving from pupils and parents. It was a great joy to be able to take you to such a wonderful destination. For the first time ever after a long school trip, I am not feeling tired. On the contrary I feel as if I had a holiday!

More on the blog later.....

No comments: