Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust !

Ok......... so now I'm showing off!!

Roughly translated into English, this means "With a Buzz in Our Ears We Play Endlessly". The 'we' in question are Sigur Ros, Iceland's best known band who have just released their latest album this week and Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust is the title. Now, I dare you to go into Zavvi and ask for it!

Sigur Ros are probably an acquired taste but I really like them. You will almost certainly recognise the track 'Hoppipola' from their last album but one which was called 'Takk' ('thanks' in English) as it was used as music for the BBC 'Planet Earth' series.




I have just been listening to their new album and there are some very fine tracks on it. They are probably slightly more melodious than their usual offerings but they still have the hallmark high voice of the lead singer and an almost spiritual quality to their acoustic sound. And there's a first... the final track on the album is in English!

Now you have to go listen! Click on the image below and you will link to the album released by Sigur Ros themselves for 'streaming'. Use the fast forward arrows to move between tracks.

No comments: