Saturday, August 12, 2006

We're home!


Although I should really have been catching up on a few hours of sleep this morning, I was desperate to delve into my photos and share just a very few (for now!) with you.....

It seems quite appropriate when we've been to Iceland that the first photo should be of ice so above are some of the 'bergie bits' which were floating in the glacial lagoon at Gigjokull when we visited it on Tuesday.

I will treasure many memories of our trip to Iceland but without doubt, the best memories are of a great bunch of youngsters who entered into the spirit of the fieldtrip....... you got wet, you got cold, you walked miles, you got out of breath, you got tired, you were amazed and enthusuastic, you ate mountains of food, you worked well and you played hard too. You were an excellent team so I thought you might like to see some of your 'team photos' taken in a variety of the locations we visited over the week. ....
Kruisivik geothermal area

Kerid crater

Gullfoss

Seljalandsfoss

On top of Eldfell volcano, Heimaey

On the Solheimajokull glacier

There are another 500 where those came from but I'll save them until I've had a nap!